Easter is finally here, and for some of us that means we have started our Easter vacation. One of the hardest parts of a long vacation is finding activities to fill the time with. Vacations are always nice the first couple of days, but after that some of us get restless and feel the need to entertain ourselves.
Vilde and Angela from the marketing department have gathered their best tips for what you can do this Easter.
There is a lot of amazing podcasts out there, and we want to recommend some of them for you to listen to this week:
- Power Ladies – BRGN founders. In this episode the BRGN founders talk about the story behind the brand and how we got to the place we are now. The episode is in Norwegian and you can listen to it HERE.
- Renegades: Born in the USA. The podcast is a series of conversations between President Barack Obama and Bruce Springsteen about their lives, music, and enduring love of America – despite all its challenges. This is one of Vilde´s favourite and there is a total of 8 episodes and can be found on Spotify.
- Off Menu with Ed Gamble and James Acaster. The comedic duo invites different people to come and talk about their favourite food menus. Angela´s favourite episode is the one with Katherine Ryan. The podcast is available on Spotify.
In a hectic everyday life finding 15-30 minutes to just sit down, empty your mind and regain energy is not easy. However, during a vacation when you have sent your spouse and kids out to go Easter egg hunting you might find you have the time.
If you don’t like it to be completely quiet when you meditate, we recommend listening to rain sounds on YouTube or Spotify. The calming sounds help you relax and focus on meditating.
Another form of mediation (for some) is sitting down and reading. Whether you are reading a magazine or a book, just having those reading moments to yourself is an amazing way to relax and get some inspiration.
If you want a recommendation to a magazine we suggest Vogue Scandinavia, and especially the October issue. You might find one of BRGN´s products on a Norwegian musician. Hint hint…
Watch a tv-show
If the weather is bad, you can always cosy up on the couch and watch a show. In Norway we love watching crime series during easter, however, we know that not everyone loves them so we will recommend some other shows.
- The Umbrella Academy. A comedy, fantasy and Sci-fi series based on a comic book where a family of superheroes are destined to save the world. | Available on Netflix
- The Heavy Water War (Kampen om Tungtvann). Based on real events, this Norwegian drama re-tells the Nazis' attempt to create an atomic bomb during World War II. | Available on NRK and Disney+
- The Rain. The world as we know it has come to an end, due to a rain-carried virus that wiped out nearly everybody in Scandinavia. Six years after that event, two Danish siblings emerge from the safety of the bunker where they have been staying. | Available on Netflix
We hope you do more things that make you forget to check your phone. 🌿
Vilde & Angela